Détails de l'offre
Hanesbrands Inc.’s Europe law department, is member of a socially responsible manufacturer and marketer of leading everyday basic apparel under some of the world’s strongest apparel brands in the Americas, Europe, Australia, Asia and South Africa, such as Hanes, DIM, Champion, Wonderbra, Playtex and Shock Absorber.
Hanesbrands Inc.’s Europe law department is recruiting as soon as possible a Senior Counsel Labor and Employment Law (M/F).
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel and Data Protection Officer Europe, this position will have responsibility for labour and employment matters across two clusters headquartered in France and in Italy, respectively, covering 22 jurisdictions (Europe, Russia and South Africa).
Your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Advise on all labor law aspects (individual and collective) : hiring, performance improvement plans, voluntary termination agreements, dismissals, redundancy plans and reorganizations, expatriations, personnel representation, non-compete and non-confidentiality engagements, collective labor agreements, stock options, whistle-blowing and working time issues ;
- Facilitate business transactions and solve problems within the context of applicable law and internal policy; anticipate legal issues associated with business strategy and/or decisions; proactively work to solve them;
- Drafting and/or review of various regional internal employment-related regulations and policies; contribute to the enforcement of global policies; develop and train in-house clients on policies, practices and procedures in relevant areas;
- Management of a labor litigation portfolio: selecting counsels, defining a winning strategy; driving transversal teams to identify evidence; recommend accounting reserves following internal policy guidelines; negotiation and drafting of settlement agreements, prior or during litigation ; avoid the establishment of precedent for the reward of non-compliant or unethical behavior;
- Liaising with outside French or foreign counsels on a daily basis; suggesting to the Associate General Counsel an annual budget of legal fees (labor and employment advice and litigation) and managing such budget; selecting a panel of suitable counsels on a need-to basis ; negotiating legal fees arrangements with outside counsels; enforce the company’s outside counsel guidelines;
- Employment aspects related to acquisitions, divestitures and closing of operations (due diligence, application of transfer of undertaking provisions, review of acquisition and employment agreements, consultation with personnel representatives);
- Assess and report on new developments, current trends and regulatory changes that impact Hanesbrands employment policies and practices;
The position is based in in Rueil-Malmaison (Hauts-de-Seine). Occasional travelling required.
- You have a postgraduate diploma in law (Bac + 5 – Master’s degree), and you are admitted to the bar in France. You have at least 4 years relevant post qualification experience with an international law firm; 1 or 2 years’ experience in an in-house position with a multinational company is appreciated but not necessary.
- You have full professional proficiency in English and in French. Proficiency in Italian, or Spanish is highly appreciated.
- You have demonstrated ability to:
- work creatively with colleagues to develop strategic solutions for business risks and challenges;
- deal effectively with strategic issues as well as tactical details;
- manage complex transactions with multiple, inter-related work streams;
- communicate clearly and persuasively to a wide variety of audiences.
- You have demonstrated sound judgment and business acumen, strong drafting and negotiating skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You have strong ethics and integrity, with a commitment to maintaining Hanesbrands’ values-based culture.
- You are self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.